User Groups are simply a way to identify and manage a group of Users. Depending on the needs of your company, you may group Users by Partner Company, Department or just group students that will share common training.
User Groups serve three (3) main functions:
- Identifying groups of users for training eligibility.
- Identifying groups of users for reporting purposes.
- Identifying groups of users for sending customized communications.
All Users entered into the System will be associated with one or more User Groups, including the default “Everyone” user group. (All Users are automatically added to the “Everyone” User group.) You should add your User groups prior to assigning a Student to that particular group.
To maximize the potential of the User group functionality, you may want to consider creating group hierarchies. This is primarily done to improve reporting details.
- Click on the User Groups sub-tab from the Users tab (You can select the New User Group sub-tab as well).
- Click the New User Group button.
- The page will refresh with a form to fill out the information for the New User Group. Enter the required information denoted with a red asterisk (*). Click the Save button.
If you want to create a group hierarchy, create the Parent User Group first and select “No Parent” from the drop-down option. Then, add your secondary User Groups and select the Parent User Group name from the Parent drop down options.