HTML5 Publishing Guidelines for Adobe Captivate 7.0
When a user states that the date format they are seeing is incorrect, please submit a support ticket indicating the user’s “Country” and “Language”. We will update our records to reflect the correct date format.
NetExam has partnered with the Sprout Video Hosting platform to offer customers the ability to host HD Quality video from a global content delivery network. SproutVideo host their content from several global locations including Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Hong Kong, Osaka, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Sao Paulo. Other features of the platform include secure video hosting, analytics of video usage patterns, a customizable video player, and mobile device support. Customers who are interested in using this feature are required to open an account with SproutVideo.
Setting up Sprout Video account in NetExam Admin Site
- From the NetExam Admin site click on Virtual Lab - Then HD Video Settings
- Click Add HD Video Provider button.
- Select SproutHDVideo as Provider from the drop down.
- You need to put the API key which you received, when you registered with sprout Video.
- User can put "http://sproutvideo.com/videos" as the provider URL or first part of the URL before the Video ID. (Copied from Sprout Video site)
Upload Videos into the SproutVideo Site
- You need a valid Sprout Video account created before performing the following tasks.
- Once you have created your account in SproutVideo, login to the site to upload your first video. Login URL: https://sproutvideo.com/login
- Click Upload link on the menu to upload your video. You select the video file from your computer or from a network location. You will see the following screen when the upload process is in progress.
- Once uploaded, you will be directed to a page where you can view your uploaded videos. Click on the file to access additional settings for your video. Copy the URL from the video URL section in to your notepad.
- In addition, an Email notification will come to the inbox you used to register with Sproutvideo notifying your recent file upload.
How to get the Video ID or Embedded code for the video you uploaded?
- Click on the Video title.
- Scroll down on the page and look under sharing box.
- Video ID is the string beside http://sproutvideo.com/videos/
Setup the Resource in NetExam Admin side
- Open your curriculum – course - Lesson
You select the new Sprout Video Resource format from the Lesson Resource Upload page.
Once selected, you have two options: You input either the Video ID or the Embedded URL.
- Click on the Video ID to enter the ID for your video. It is usually the string which is after the http://sproutvideo.com/videos/. In this example it's d49bd8b61114eacf5c
- Or you can click on the Resource URL option and paste the Embedded URL copied from the Sprout site. URL: http://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed/d49bd8b61114eacf5c/9fb5761a75b495a0?type=sd
- Click Submit to save your changes.
- Use Preview Course as Learner option to check that your settings are working before add your course to the certification.
NetExam deployed a global Content Delivery Network in the 6.9 release. The CDN will have servers available in London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Tel-Aviv, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney in addition to U.S. locations in Chicago, New York, Ashburn, Miami, Los Angeles and San Jose. Users will be served up content from the closest server to their geographic location. This is expected to speed up the course content access times.
To begin adding Resources to your Lesson, click on the Lesson name from the Course detail page. This will take you to the Lesson detail page.
From the Upload Resource to this Lesson section, select one of the two options (as shown above) to upload your file:
- Upload to US-CENTRAL - This will open up upload option right below where you can enter the following details:
- Display name - this description will be shown to the student
- From the Resource Format
dropdownbox, select the relevant Resource* format.
- As NetExam does not require that resources be uploaded exclusively, if you have previously uploaded your Course material, select this option and enter the URL in the field provided.
- If you wish to upload your material through the upload module, click the radio button (circle) next to File and then click the Browse button to navigate to the file on your hard drive.
- Set the estimated duration (optional).
- Click the Submit button to upload the files (Note: Only click Submit once). The page will refresh to show you the Resource added to your lesson. You can continue to add Resources to your Lesson (Use the arrow to the right of the uploaded Resources to change their order - applicable for uploads from other server options too).
- Add Existing Resource – This option will allow you to add resources uploaded via the content library.
Upload to US-Central
* Following are the supporting file formats:
- Acrobat Connect Recording
- Cloudshare Lab
- Embedded HTML
- Embedded Video
- Embedded Video 1024 x 768
- Embedded Video 990 x 606
- HD Video from Sprout video
- Link to external course
- Ms PowerPoint
- Ms Word
- NetExam Learning Content
- NetExam Virtual Lab
- Ravello virtual lab
- SCORM Engine
- Textbook + Study Guide
- Vidyard video
- VR Video
- Windows Media File (.wmv)
Login to the Admin site.
1) Go to the relevant course exam page in the admin site and checked the enable live proctoring checkbox and save.
2) Log in to the student site and open the relevant course.
3) The Schedule Proctored Exam button will be displayed on the student site course page.
4) Click on that button.
5) It goes to the below URL.
6)Using Schedule New session you can schedule the proctored exam.
The following Languages are supported by NetExam. Please submit a support ticket to enable additional Languages for your company.
|Español (América latina)|
|Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong)|
|Chinese Traditional (Taiwan)|
|English (United Kingdom)|
|English (New Zealand)|
|English (Republic of the Philippines)|
|English (Trinidad and Tobago)|
|English (United States)|
|English (South Africa)|
When designing an Articulate Storyline course that'll be viewed on an iPad, you'll want to use a 4:3 aspect ratio in order to make the best use of all the screen area.
The default story size of 720 x 540 is your best option. However, as long as you maintain a 4:3 aspect ratio, you can change your story size to 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, etc.
If you use a different aspect ratio, Storyline will maximize (scale) your content to fit within the iPad screen to prevent scrolling and provide the best experience possible.
Source (Articulate Storyline http://www.articulate.com/)
Certain versions of Internet Explorer do not allow pop-ups to be displayed from websites, unless the browser has that particular website added to its pop-up blocker list of allowed sites.
To add the NetExam Student site to this list, please refer the below steps:
- Click on the Tools tab
- Select the option: Pop-up Blocker
- Click on Pop-up Blocker settings
- Under the field Address of website to allow, add the site v6.netexam.com
- Click Add to add the site to the list of Allowed sites and close the window
When completed, you are able to see the pop-ups displaying correctly in your Internet Explorer browser.
You can use this template to create the new survey questions. Note: Questions should be Likert scale type.
Please fill the form and send it through a support ticket or through your Accounts Representative.