NetExam SCORM 1.2 Guide for Adobe Captivate 5
Captivate 5.x SCORM guidelines for both SCORM 2004 and SCORM 1.2
HTML5 Publishing Guidelines for Adobe Captivate 7.0
To begin adding Resources to your Lesson, click on the Lesson name from the Course detail page. This will take you to the Lesson detail page.
From the Upload Resource to this Lesson section, select one of the two options (as shown above) to upload your file:
- Upload to US-CENTRAL - This will open up upload option right below where you can enter the following details:
- Display name - this description will be shown to the student
- From the Resource Format
dropdownbox, select the relevant Resource* format.
- As NetExam does not require that resources be uploaded exclusively, if you have previously uploaded your Course material, select this option and enter the URL in the field provided.
- If you wish to upload your material through the upload module, click the radio button (circle) next to File and then click the Browse button to navigate to the file on your hard drive.
- Set the estimated duration (optional).
- Click the Submit button to upload the files (Note: Only click Submit once). The page will refresh to show you the Resource added to your lesson. You can continue to add Resources to your Lesson (Use the arrow to the right of the uploaded Resources to change their order - applicable for uploads from other server options too).
- Add Existing Resource – This option will allow you to add resources uploaded via the content library.
Upload to US-Central
* Following are the supporting file formats:
- Acrobat Connect Recording
- Cloudshare Lab
- Embedded HTML
- Embedded Video
- Embedded Video 1024 x 768
- Embedded Video 990 x 606
- HD Video from Sprout video
- Link to external course
- Ms PowerPoint
- Ms Word
- NetExam Learning Content
- NetExam Virtual Lab
- Ravello virtual lab
- SCORM Engine
- Textbook + Study Guide
- Vidyard video
- VR Video
- Windows Media File (.wmv)
Some content developers may recommend using AICC rather than Scorm.
How to upload an AICC resource material onto NetExam?
- Navigate to your Course - Lesson. Click on Upload to US-Central
- Resource URL: Type or paste the URL you received from your content developer.
- If you didn't get the URL you may be getting the Zip file. Unzip the file onto your folder in your computer.
- From the Lesson resource upload window as shown below, click on File and browse into your file location. Look for a file which has an extension .au
- Click Submit to upload the resource.
The NetExam SCORM player can receive and store question ID and answer data from exams that are embedded in the SCORM course.
LMS admins can see the SCORM interaction data in Adhoc reports under UserResponsesToScormInteraction dataSource.
Sometimes your users might experience slide freeze, stuck or unable to navigate when taking
Use the SendTrackingDataAtEnd Template
When you choose SCORM as your LMS standard, Captivate assigns a default template full of code designed to communicate with the LMS. However, the default template uses Captivate's normal 'verbose' communication method, which deluges the LMS with tons of information.
However, you can opt to use a different Template by selecting one from the
How is this template better? Well, instead of sending tracking data to the LMS all the time while the participant is interacting with your course, this template stores the information and only sends it to the LMS when the user exits the course module. That means one request to the server instead of dozens.
|incomplete||passed||empty||invalid (and unlikely) state but lesson/course is completed in this case|
Scenarios in which a score is set
|incomplete||passed||set||invalid (and unlikely) state but lesson/course is completed in this case|