Promo Codes can be used to provide discounts on courses. A promo code can be calculated as a Fixed value, i.e. $100 off the regular price or as a Percent value, i.e., 10% off the regular price.
- To activate a promo code, go to Ecommerce: Promo Code
- Choose a PromoCode to edit or click Add New Promo Code - you will go to the Add/Edit page
- Enter the Status as Active or Inactive (required)
- Name the Promo Code and enter a Start Date and an End Date.
- Provide a description for the Promo Code (optional)
- Enter Promo Type: Fixed Value or Percent (required)
- Enter the Promo Code Value. If it is a Fixed Value, enter the amount and currency. If it is percentage off, enter the percent discounted. (required)
- Select the Course and Certification the Promo Code applies to
When the student enrolls in a course or certification, there is an area on the payment screen to enter a promo code. The student enters the promo code and it is applied to the course.