NetExam has partnered with the Sprout Video Hosting platform to offer customers the ability to host HD Quality video from a global content delivery network. SproutVideo host their content from several global locations including Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Hong Kong, Osaka, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Sao Paulo. Other features of the platform include secure video hosting, analytics of video usage patterns, a customizable video player, and mobile device support. Customers who are interested in using this feature are required to open an account with SproutVideo.
Setting up Sprout Video account in NetExam Admin Site
- From the NetExam Admin site click on Virtual Lab - Then HD Video Settings
- Click Add HD Video Provider button.
- Select SproutHDVideo as Provider from the drop down.
- You need to put the API key which you received, when you registered with sprout Video.
- User can put "http://sproutvideo.com/videos" as the provider URL or first part of the URL before the Video ID. (Copied from Sprout Video site)
Upload Videos into the SproutVideo Site
- You need a valid Sprout Video account created before performing the following tasks.
- Once you have created your account in SproutVideo, login to the site to upload your first video. Login URL: https://sproutvideo.com/login
- Click Upload link on the menu to upload your video. You select the video file from your computer or from a network location. You will see the following screen when the upload process is in progress.
- Once uploaded, you will be directed to a page where you can view your uploaded videos. Click on the file to access additional settings for your video. Copy the URL from the video URL section in to your notepad.
- In addition, an Email notification will come to the inbox you used to register with Sproutvideo notifying your recent file upload.
How to get the Video ID or Embedded code for the video you uploaded?
- Click on the Video title.
- Scroll down on the page and look under sharing box.
Setup the Resource in NetExam Admin side
- Open your curriculum – course - Lesson
You select the new Sprout Video Resource format from the Lesson Resource Upload page.
Once selected, you have two options: You input either the Video ID or the Embedded URL.
- Click on the Video ID to enter the ID for your video. It is usually the string which is after the http://sproutvideo.com/videos/. In this example it's d49bd8b61114eacf5c
- Or you can click on the Resource URL option and paste the Embedded URL copied from the Sprout site. URL: http://videos.sproutvideo.com/embed/d49bd8b61114eacf5c/9fb5761a75b495a0?type=sd
- Click Submit to save your changes.
- Use Preview Course as Learner option to check that your settings are working before add your course to the certification.
Following are some of the screenshots how a student will see this from the student site. After opening the course they will see the regular course window with links to the video.