The NetExam System allows Administrators to download Reports in CSV format. During these downloads, Non-English characters would not be supported.
In order to overcome this problem, the following steps could be utilized: (Screenshots and instructions are based on Microsoft Excel 2007 format)
- First, download the CSV and save it in your PC.
- Next, Open a new Microsoft Excel worksheet
- Select the Data tab and click on the From Text tab
- A window will open allowing you to select the file, select the CSV file that you downloaded and saved, and click the Import button
- In the next pop-up, from the File Origin field select "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)", and click Next
- In the next window, under Delimiters, uncheck Tab and check Comma, and click Next
- Without making any changes in the final window, click on the Finish button
- You will be prompted with another pop-up as shown in the screenshot below. Make sure Existing Worksheet is selected and press OK.
- Finally, save this file as xlxs and you will be able to see the characters.